Adding borders to pages can enhance and offset the page from the whole document. You can easily use borders to emphasize the title page, section pages or even signature pages. Below are the step-by-step instructions for adding borders to pages in your Word 2016 document. Information: The same steps apply whether you are using Word 2016 for Mac or Windows.
- Navigate to the page where the borders are being added. NOTE: If you are adding borders to pages within the middle of your document, you must add section breaks.
- Click the Design tab.
- Click Page Borders on the Page Background group.
- The Borders and Shading dialog box will open. Select the Page Border tab.
- Setting: Choose the appropriate setting style.
- Style: Click the appropriate line style.
- Color: Choose the appropriate color for the border line.
- Width: Select the width for the border line.
- Art: If you don’t wish to use a line border, select the clip art border you wish to use.
- Apply to: Choose where you wish to apply the border within your document – Whole document, This section, or This section – First page only, This section All except first page.
- Preview – Shows a preview of your border. It can also be used to remove borders from side(s) of your document.
- Click OK.
To learn more about Office applications, please check out my courses at vlbteched.teachable.com.