When you are creating, or editing PowerPoint presentations, consistency is very important. This is why the PowerPoint Replace Font Tool is so helpful. Note: If your presentation uses a master slide, the changes should be make there.
Unlike change the font for a single word, line or paragraph where you the select the text and choose the font from the toolbar or Font group, you can use this tool to change the font for the entire presentation in just a few simple clicks. Additionally, if you have used several different fonts in the presentation, you can make them all the same font or change them to just a couple different fonts. Below are the step by step instructions for using the PowerPoint Replace Font tool.
- Open the presentation to be modified.
- Click the Home Ribbon.
- Click the Replace drop down in the Editing group and click Replace Fonts.
- The Replace Font dialog box will open.
- Click the drop down in the Replace: box and select the font you wish to replace.
- Click the drop down in the With: box and select the new font you wish to use.
- Click the Replace button to change the fonts throughout the presentation.
- Repeat the process for all the fonts you wish to change.
Note: Make sure you view the slide show after making all the font changes. One font’s size 20 can be tremendously different looking from another’s.
To learn more about Office applications, please check out my courses at vlbteched.teachable.com.