PowerPoint gives you the ability to play music or other sound effects in the background of your presentation. This is a great feature if you are looping your presentation for continuous play or creating videos of it for distribution. Below are the step-by-step instructions for adding Background Audio.
- Click on the Insert tab.
- Click Audio from the Media group.
- Click Audio on My PC.
- Explore to the audio file location.
- Double-click the audio file to add it to the presentation. Or, highlight the audio file and click Insert. Once it is added to the presentation, it will add the audio icon and playback features.
- Click on the Playback contextual tab and select Play in Background.
- It will automatically change the start to Automatically and check —
- Play Across Slides
- Loop until Stopped
- Hide During Show
NOTE: When downloading music to use within your presentation, please make sure you are not violating any copyright laws. There are many sites on the internet that offer free music. You may also be able to get permission to use specific songs or music. Please make sure you check these out before using downloaded music.
To learn more about Office applications, please check out my courses at vlbteched.teachable.com.