PowerPoint 2016 has a powerful feature that allows you to “package” your presentation onto a CD or folder destination (great for saving to USB). This feature then allows the recipients to run the presentation without having PowerPoint installed on their system. The packaging will include any embedded and files and fonts you wish to included. This is great for sending out promotions, instructions, reports, etc. Below are the step-by-step instructions for packaging PowerPoint 2016 Presentations for CD.
NOTE: Before you begin, it is always important to check for and remove any metadata you do not want included.
Packaging PowerPoint 2016 Presentations
- Click the File tab.
- Click Export.
- Click Package Presentation for CD.
- Click Package for CD.
- The Package for CD dialog box will open.
- Click Add to include any additional Presentations you wish to package.
- Click Options to set the appropriate options.
- Check Linked files to include the linked files.
- Check Embedded TrueType fonts to embed the fonts.
- Add a password if necessary.
- Check Inspect presentation to inspect the remove any necessary metadata.
- Click OK.
- Choose Copy to Folder and set name and location. Check Open folder when complete if you wish to open the folder upon completion of the process and click OK.
- Choose Copy to CD.
- You will then be prompted with a warning about any linked files and asked if you want to include them. Select Yes to include the linked files.
- Click Close.
- Once the packaging has completed, the destination folder will open (if you chose this option) showing you the files/folders created for the presentation.
- Click Close to close the Package for CD dialog box.
To learn more about Office applications, please check out my courses at vlbteched.teachable.com.