OneNote Section Groups is a great feature to assist you with organizing OneNote Notebooks. It allows you to group similar sections under a section heading so you can display more sections across the screen. You can create as many section groups as you want, holding any number of sections. Within several of my notebooks, I’ve created so many sections that they don’t fit across the screen properly. This makes it cumbersome to navigate through the information within my notebook. To correct this problem, without having to minimize the number of sections, I’ve added a new layer of organization using the section groups. It’s very similar to the folders and subfolders organization on a drive. Below are the step-by-step instructions for creating section groups and moving sections into the groups.
Create a Section Group
- Open the notebook you want to create section groups in.
- Right-click on one of the section tabs within the open notebook.
- Type a name for the new section group.
- Right-click the section name and select Move or Copy.
- Scroll to the new section group and highlight it.
- Click Move.
- The section is moved to its new location in the Section Group. Click the green arrow to the left of the section tabs to move up a level, to the main sections listings.
Move Sections to the New Section Group – Option 2
Once you’ve completed organizing your sections, you can see the information become more manageable.
To learn more about Office applications, please check out my courses at vlbteched.teachable.com.