In OneNote 2016, you can add as much content as you want to a page. However, to stay more organized and for easier reviewing, you can create additional OneNote Pages and Subpages. Below are the step by step instructions for Adding, Deleting and Moving Pages, Creating Subpages as well as Expanding and Collapsing Subpages.
- Navigate to the right side of the window.
- Click Add Page, located above the listing of pages.
- Type the title of the page into the heading area at the top of the page and press Enter.
- Your page is now added and available in the listing of pages.
In the page sidebar, click on a page and drag it up or down until it’s in the position where you want it. A horizontal bar will appear in the spaces between other pages as you move the mouse so you’ll know where the page will be relocated.
Subpages can be used to further organize your notes within notebooks. For example, if you have weekly meeting notes, you can create a meeting notes main page and you can demote all the weekly meeting notes pages so they become subpages of it.
- If needed, create the main page.
- Click on the page to become a subpage. (Use SHIFT+Click to select multiple pages.)
- Hold down the left-button and drag the pages to the right until the title is indented.)