PowerPoint has a great feature for reusing slides from previous presentations, incorporating the selected slides into the new presentation. The feature also gives you the option of either using the source formatting or applying the formatting from the destination presentation. This is a great time saver as it eliminates the need to retype or reformat slides. Below, I’ll go over step-by-step how to reuse slides.
Steps for Reusing Slides
- In Normal view, in the thumbnail pane, click the slide that you want the new slide to follow.
- Click the Home tab on the ribbon.
- Click the down arrow next to New Slide in the Slides
- Click Reuse Slides.
- From the Reuse Slides dialog box, click the down arrow on Browse and select Browse File.
- Browse to the location of the PowerPoint Presentation containing the needed slide(s).
- Double-click on the appropriate file. The presentation slides will be listed so you can select the needed slide(s).
- Click on the needed slide(s) to add it to your presentation. Check the Keep source formatting if you wish to keep the original formatting instead of applying the formatting used in the new presentation.
The slide have now been added to your presentation.
- Click on the X to close the Reuse Slides task pane.
To learn more about Office applications, please check out my courses at vlbteched.teachable.com.