If a footnote is too long to fit on a page, a footnote continuation notice can be created to let readers know that it is continued on the next page. Below are the step-by-step instruction for creating a continuation notice. NOTE: The steps can also be applied to creating a continuation notice for endnotes.
Creating a Continuation Notice
- Make sure you are in Draft view by clicking to the View tab on the ribbon and clicking Draft.
- Click the References tab on the ribbon.
- Click Show Notes in the Footnotes group.
- In the note pane list, click Footnote Continuation Notice.
- In the note pane, type the text that you will use for the continuation notice.
To learn more about Office applications, please check out my courses at vlbteched.teachable.com.