Outlook gives you the ability to quickly create contacts from the senders of emails you receive, enabling you to efficiently set up new contacts. Below are the step by step instructions for creating a contact from an email sender.
Creating a Contact from an Email Sender
- Open the email message.
- Right-click on the sender of the email.
- Click Add to Outlook Contacts.
- The new contact dialog box will open. The Name and Email will be automatically filled in. Enter any additional information you wish saved with the contact.
- Click the Notes tab to add any needed notes for the contact. NOTE: Use caution when sharing contacts if you do NOT want the notes shared. Sharing as a business card should not include notes however, if you share as an Outlook contact the Notes will be included. Always verify before sharing.
- Click Save once you have added the necessary information to the contact dialog box.
- The new contact is now saved to your contacts.