Creating and Accessing OneNote Page Templates
Whether your taking meeting minutes, lecture notes or creating recipes, OneNote gives you the ability to create Page Templates. A great advantage of page templates is the ability to create pages quickly and consistently. Below are the step by step instructions for creating and customizing OneNote Page Templates.
Creating OneNote Page Templates
- Navigate to the Page sidebar on the right side of your screen and click Add Page.
- An untitled page will open.
- Click the View tab.
- Click Paper Size from the Page Setup group to set the paper size and margins for your template.
- The Paper Size sidebar will open.
- Click the down arrow for Size: to set the appropriate paper size.
- From the Print Margins area, set the appropriate margins.
- Click within the blank page to added any needed content.
- To set a background color, click the View tab.
- Click the down arrow on Page Color and select the appropriate color.
- Once you have completed setting up the template, navigate back to the Paper Size sidebar and click Save current page as a template.
- The Save a Template dialog box will open. Enter a name for the newly created template.
- If you wish to use this template for all new pages within the section it was created, check the box for Set as a default template for new pages in the current section.
- Click Save to save the template.
Using OneNote Page Templates
- Click on the View tab.
- Click Page Templates from the Pages group.
- The Templates sidebar will open. Select the needed template.
- Click on the template heading to view its additional templates. Note: Any templates you create will be stored under My Templates. For example, to access the newly created Recipe template, click on My Templates and click Recipe Card.
- The new page is created with the template and ready to use.
To learn more about Office applications, please check out my courses at vlbteched.teachable.com.