In order to give your notes a consistent look and to also include all the details pertaining to the meeting, you can add your Outlook meeting details to OneNote. Using this feature will give you links to the meeting within Outlook as well as email links to the meeting attendees for quick and easy follow up. Below are the step-by-step instructions for adding your Outlook meeting details to OneNote.
- Open OneNote and navigate the to the Notebook, Section and Page where the details are to be added.
- Click on the Home tab.
- Click Meeting Details from the Meetings group.
- Click to select the meeting you wish to add to OneNote. (Click Choose a Meeting from Another Day to navigate to more scheduled meetings.)
- The meeting details from Outlook are added to the OneNote page. Reposition on page if needed.
- Next to Invitation Message, click the Expand link to include the meeting invite details.
- Rename the OneNote page.
- You are now ready to start taking notes for the meeting.
OneNote Meeting Details
The Meeting details include one-click links to the Outlook Meeting and to email the attendees. Notes can be added under the Notes section. NOTE: Once the Meeting Details have been added to OneNote, any updates to the meeting within Outlook (additional attendees, meeting room change, time change, etc.) are NOT reflected within OneNote.
To learn more about Office applications, please check out my courses at vlbteched.teachable.com.